
MPP is worried changes could impact the health of residents
Niagara MPPs continue to urge the province to help keep the doors open at the urgent care centres in Fort Erie and Port Colborne.
Wayne Gates has written a letter to Premier Doug Ford and Health Minister Sylvia Jones.
He's calling on the province to provide emergency funding to Niagara Health
Last week, Niagara Health announced it was cutting overnight hours at the urgent care centres, starting July 5th.
The organization said this was due to staffing shortages.
Gates says he's worried that this could affect access to emergency services for residents.
The letter is available below.
Earlier today, I wrote to Premier Doug Ford and the Deputy Premier & Minister of Health Sylvia Jones on the situation at Douglas Memorial Urgent Care in Fort Erie.
— Wayne Gates (@Wayne_Gates) June 7, 2023
We must protect Urgent Care services for all residents of Niagara and across the province of Ontario. #onpoli pic.twitter.com/tQ4yKevHsl